Currie Ezip 900 Electric Scooter
This is a review of the
Currie eZip 900.
This is an adult scooter with a 900W motor,
which is considered very strong in its class. This results in a
15 Mph top speed and a 12 mile range per charge, depending on
the weight of the rider (max 240 pounds). The strong motor also
means it can handle hills easily. It has a strudy chassis, with
a wide, 9" deck to stand on. The scooter has front-disc brakes,
meaning that its the stopping power will be adequate for its
As with most electric scooters in this
class, the eZip 900 has a detachable seat, so you can choose to
convert it into a stand-up scotter at any time.
"We purchased this scooter for our
11 year old son to use in the
neighborhood. The unit was easy to
assemble and get ready to ride. It
has plenty of power to get up and
down the hills in our area. Plus it
is plenty fast."
"We bought this Scooter for
Christmas and the Throttle was
broken. Took two weeks for the
replacement part. Works fine now,
just irritating to buy a new
product and have it not work."
"So awsome! battery lasts forever!
Really comfy seat. Can go up huge
hills. Really stable."
"Great scooter, adult over 65
really versital and worth the
Based on the above consumer testimonials, we can say that
the eZip 900 is a versatile electric scooter, due to its
powerful motor of 900W. This is an adult scooter, which can be
dangerous if used by small children without supervision.
Consumers experienced some factory manufacturing faults, the
correction of which took 1-2 weeks on average.
The Currie Ezip 900 Electric Scooter can be found at the following
- MOTOR: 900W
- TOP SPEED: 15 mph
- RANGE: 12 miles
- Rechargeable, EV Rated SLA Type
- Plug and Play Design in Nylon Handled Pack
- 2x 12V / 12AH Valve Regulated
- CHARGER SYSTEM:
- Currie Smart Charger
- LED Status Display
- PWM Smart Power Microprocessor 24 Volt Fully
- Auto Shut-Off
- Relay Protection
- Battery Gauge
- USER CONTROLS: Power On/Off Switch, Easy Access Charger
Port in Frame Console
- HANDLEBARS: Folding Design - Lay Forward Bars
- DRIVE: Currie electro drive - direct chain drive
- BRAKES: Front Disc with Alloy Brake Inhibit Lever
- Currie Exclusive 5-Spoke Alloy Wide Mag
- Low Profile Street Slick Tires 12½" x 3.0"
- Tuff-Tire (Reduces Chances of Flatting)
- FORKS: Alloy Crown Spring/Polymer Front Suspension with
- High-Tension Steel
- One-Piece Steel Tooled Battery Box
- Oversized Head Tube
- DECK: Wide, 9-inch, extra thick ABS material resists
- SEAT KIT: On/Off Seat Kit
- NET WEIGHT: 60 lbs
- RIDER AGE & WEIGHT LIMIT: Ages 13 and above / Not
exceeding 260 lbs
About Currie Technologies
Dr. Malcolm Currie founded Currie
Technologies Inc. in 1997. He is the former chairman of Hughes
Aircraft and Delco Electronics. When founding the company, his
conviction was that in the near future, electric and hybrid
vehicles will become increasingly important for fundamental
economic and environmental reasons.
Currie Technologies is a respected
player in its business, with 10 years of experience. Currie
Technologies has its own factory and design team, where they
roll out new designs non-stop. Currie uses a vast array of
battery technologies, for example sealed lead acid to nickel
metal hydride and the newest lithium-ion battery systems.
Currie Technologies produces electric
scooters under these brand names; Mongoose, Schwinn, GT, and